Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Because God is so a man..

I don't mean to sound like a staunch over bearing feminist.. I am a feminist no doubt but a very democratic one...I promise you we exist :) But with the amount of restrictions and dos and donts and responsibilities and girlie things that we girls go through..God is no doubt a man.. Think about it..when we're irked, if you're a self declared no-abuse using person like me, you either say 'Oh god' or you substitute it with 'Oh man'...never ever ever is it 'Oh Woman!' So what brought this rant of mine on? I am seeking fellow female squashees (squashees is a nandita invented word..it means those whose demands, rights, wants get squashed as easily as you can squash an ant)
I know we as women are supposed to be born self sacrificing and adjusting. Add to that maternal and compromising... and you have with you my worst nightmare. Maybe my head got bumped when I was born.. or maybe I was supposed to be born a man (P.S. I do have PCOS..an ovaries condition caused by the presence of extra male hormones) But I have been waiting for the time when I could do what I want to do..no matter how beautifully right or how horribly wrong.
And yet...from the time we are born..we sometimes as a daughter, a sister, a girlfriend, a wife, a mother...are always thinking the right thing..or made to think the right thing..or out of guilt mould our thoughts to think the right thing. Get the picture? (I am suddenly reminded of a scene from my fav movie DDLJ..oh how well it fits here)


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZIDKkh5v64&feature=more_related


I am not saying that I have not lived the most ideal life till now.. I have the most amazing parents..people who have shaped me into a confident well educated being happy being I have awesome relatives, a great set of friends, a soul mate for a boyfriend And yet..sometimes I just want to break the shackles of loving responsibility...so that I can be..the way I want to be.. Look at it this way guys...I only have these few years..and then I will be a Mother..and everything I am will be about my off spring...
But will I be set free...No

2 comments:

  1. I second ur thoughts nikki - god for sure is a man, each word in ur blog is absolutely true its girl who has to grow up in a certain manner, its girl who has a dress code, its girl who has to leave his parents once married, its girl who has carry the baton responsibility after she’z married…from being a daughter till grand mother her share of responsibilities is far greater than men any day…

    believe me or not you are the most amazing person i have ever come across, i know you will think that coz m ur boy frnd m bound to say all this but believe me or not i mean it…fact that you wrote such a thoughtful piece you are already free nikki…
    your emotion have no boundaries, your feelings are pure, your imagination is absolutely free and most important thing - you are doing what you want to do…so feel proud to be women...

    ReplyDelete
  2. no. The fact that I wrote this piece does not mean that I'm free. I'm foolish to have aired my feelings. I was of the stupid notion that I would be carefree. But all I have done is shackled myself in my vulnerability

    ReplyDelete