Monday, February 28, 2011

Love

Whoever said Love is easy..love is divine and finer than wine(ok I made up the last part) has clearly never been in love!

So what gives me the authority to talk about this elusive emotion..I believe I have been in love..the kind that is puppy..the kind that is ruled by over-eager hormones..here are a few misconceptions all cleared up...haven't you heard the following lines..

Love is eternal
Love changes you for the better
Love completes you like no other..

Have you really given these a deeper thought..gone beyond the rosiness per say. I have, and this is what I feel

Love is not eternal...
your capacity to feel it is,
no matter the time,place or number of heartbreaks

Love doesn't change you for the better...
you're just more clued in to your already existing weaknesses
and therefore you make it all better

Love doesn't complete you.
yes most of the times you feel incomplete without your other half
but tell me did these completion/non completion feelings ever bother your lonesome single self?

I think all this and then I think none..
Coz then a man comes along and leaves me undone.
His name is Pablo Neruda and he is an eternal romantic..

"there is only your glance against so much emptiness,
only your light against extinction,
only your love to shut out the shadows"
Pablo Neruda

I believe all this and then I believe love

No comments:

Post a Comment