Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Till death parts us...or for that matter life

This post is dedicated to the man I hardly knew...but who passed away leaving behind lessons that I learnt from..steps that I took..and decisions that I finally made


Three days ago I got a call from a friend..let's call her 'R'..she called to let me know that a common family friend's 26 year old son had lost his life in an unfortunate accident...And just like that a young,talented,so full of life person....was gone.Let him be known as 'A'.


His face since then has loomed in front of my eyes.Did I know him well..no actually I didn't.Was he even a friend..no just an acquaintance.I don't think I knew much of him beyond his name.But he was young,he was talented,he was dynamic,he was going to do something and become someone..but most importantly..he was his mother's unwavering support with Aunty having lost Uncle in another accident a decade ago..

How can it be fair..for one family..one person to bear so much.I cry at night with the thought...that even if she yearns to believe,why should she.Even if there ever comes a time when she will dare to put her faith again,where will she?

Looking at them I for a while lost my faith..in this universe and the way it works..in this life and how fragile it is..
I had lost respect for who we are...the first thing I did post hearing this news was thank god that my loved ones were safe..Is that a selfish thing to do..maybe yes...but you can glorify it,confuse it or just riddle it with complexities..but the truth remains the truth.
Most importantly 'A' has taught me that my problems are trivial...how can I find reason to complain..when I atleast have my nearest ones to complain to.

Life for long I felt was not worth writing home about..but I'm writing today because my perspective has changed..my priorities have evolved...Yes,I am in love all over again but I am in love with life this time.

Thank you 'A' for letting me realise that chapters start only to end...but that doesn't mean there won't be many more..I have wonderful memories abound..at first i clung onto them with all my might..but now I'm not afraid to make some more.

I have one life..and for as long as that is..I am going to live it.

So long 'A'...rest in peace

No comments:

Post a Comment